From the village of Poggio, one of the most characteristic of Elba, we leave for a walk that crosses the chestnut groves of the north side of the island. There is the first hidden sanctuary, the hermitage of San Cerbone. Not far away is the "saint's grotto", where the probable refuge of the holy bishop was. The road continues through the shady “Pedalta” valley. Here the panoramic views of the north coast of the island and the Tuscan coast accompany the path that climbs to the second sanctuary. The small chapels of the via crucis mark the way that leads to the "Madonna del Monte" and to the places where Napoleon found peace, tranquility and ... the visit of his lover in August 1814. After the water supply at the source of the exedra , the route continues towards the panoramic terrace of “Serraventosa” on Corsica. Final downhill towards the small town of Patresi.